Unabridged Birth Certificates

In terms of the recent, controversial, travel laws in this regard, we assist applicants with securing unabridged birth certificates required when travelling both in and out of South Africa.

Please take note that you must travel with the following documents if travelling with a minor child: A valid passport for the child; andThe child’s unabridged birth certificate. (An unabridged birth certificate is a birth certificate reflecting the particulars of both parents of the child.)If the child is only travelling with one parent you will also require:

Consent from the absent parent in the form of an affidavit (not older than three months, from the date of travel); or A court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child, if he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the child; or Where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate; or A court order whether the other parent does not give consent.