Spousal Visa

Applications for permanent residency in South Africa are considered in terms of Section 26 (Direct Residency Permits) and Section 27 (Residency-on-Other-Grounds Permits) of the Immigration Act 2002 (Act No 13 of 2002), and read with Regulation 33 of the Immigration Regulations.

Spousal Visa

Allegheny Country Courthouse Wedding Photos 0007

A S11(6) visa may be issued to a foreigner who is the spouse of a South African citizen or permanent resident. . Please take note that for the purposes of this visa type a spouse includes:

  • Persons party to a marriage;
  • Persons party to a permanent heterosexual relationship
  • Persons party to a permanent homosexual relationship;

The holder of this visa may apply for an endorsement to the visa, which would allow the holder to work, study or open up a business in South Africa.

A spouse visa can be issued for up to 3 (three) years.

Contact us

Drop us a line or give us a ring. We love to hear from you and are happy to answer any questions.
64 Waterfall Avenue Craighall
+27 76 886 1181