Spousal Permit

Applications for permanent residency in South Africa are considered in terms of Section 26 (Direct Residency Permits) and Section 27 (Residency-on-Other-Grounds Permits) of the Immigration Act 2002 (Act No 13 of 2002), and read with Regulation 33 of the Immigration Regulations.

Spousal Permit

unnamed 3

You have been a spouse of a South African Citizen or permanent resident for at least five years and a good faith spousal relationship exists. Please take note that this permit shall lapse if within the first 2 years after granting of the permit, a good faith spousal relationship no longer exists.

Please note that if you are combing years in a relationship with the years you have been married to reach the 5 year requirement you may have complications. Let us know and we will discuss this further.

Contact us

Drop us a line or give us a ring. We love to hear from you and are happy to answer any questions.
64 Waterfall Avenue Craighall
+27 76 886 1181

Frequently asked questions:

In the case of foreign countries that do not issue unabridged birth certificates, a letter to this effect issued by the competent authority of the foreign country should be produced.

All documents should be originals or certified copies thereof.

Police Clearances:

Police clearances are required for all long stay visa types (ie any stay in South Africa longer than 3 months).

Contact us for advice on which police clearances you will need to secure and how to go about getting the certificate.